Development of product portfolio
CNSystems is the market leader with it´s “Task Force® Monitor”, a noninvasive expert system, designed for science-oriented physicians who perform guideline conforming assessment of syncope and other hemodynamic / automomic dysfunctions. The device helps doctors and scientists to assess the complete cardiovascular regulation of patients for an optimal diagnosis.
The Task Force® Monitor combines continuous, noninvasive blood pressure (CNAP®) technology with impedance cardiography and uses online software to assess the autoregulation of blood pressure. Amongst others, the NASA – Johnson Space Center in Houston was established as a first reference site in 1999. Since then, the Task Force® Monitor has become the market leader for syncope assessment. The device is CE-certified (1999), has FDA (2002) and Japanese approval (2004) as well as other local certificates.
The company further developed the CNAP® technology out of the Task Force® Monitor and redesigned it in terms of function, size and power consumption in order to widen the product portfolio and the range of applications i.e. blood pressure monitoring for anesthesia and other medical interventions. A special algorithm (VERIFI - algorithm) was designed to follow vasomotor activity for the use in the critical care environment. Currently two versions of CNAP® products are available:
- CNAP® OEM Module: allows for integration with OEM partners and other medical equipment:
- Dräger Medical is marketing it´s “Infinity® CNAP® SmartPod®” since 2008 in the field of patient montoring
- LiDCO Ltd. is using the CNAP OEM Module for integration with their “LiDCOrapid” device for hemodynamic monitoring during surgical procedures
- A number of further partnering opportunities is currently under negotiation
- For a simple and quick implementation of the module, a “Development Kit” including software is available.
- The “CNAP® Monitor 500” is the stand-alone version designed for use of the CNAP technology in a wide range of applications, i.e. operating theatres, critical- and intermediate care, ER and transport. It´s universal "BP wave out" interface allows connection to any patient monitor using the arterial line port. The CNAP® Monitor 500 is fully approved for CE and FDA.
CNCO® OEM Module: allows for integration of continuous, noninvasive cardiac output (CNCO®) based on impedance cardiography with OEM partners and other medical equipment.